www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full repaint due

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shooter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Full repaint due Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a painter of 50th,s?

My old girl is looking sad and its due a deserving respray, i am in Hertfordshire, but my car is in Basingstoke as its been on holiday with some of the original Overfinch team who originally built it having a long list of jobs carried out,now since completed.

I though i would ask as before i pick it up from them,that there may be someone in that area who has painted some 50th,s before for members of this forum?

After too many burn ups the engine had decided it had had enough so it has just been treated to a engine rebuild requiring 3rd oversize pistons made by Mahle,as per the original Overfinch spec.

Anyway i would welcome any recommendations.
WilkoW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Durant is your man.
griffman500

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean '.030 oversize pistons?'
What puddle?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooter, contact Simon Durant - he's in Horsham, so not far from Basingstoke. He wasn't getting messages the last time I spoke to him on the phone a week or so ago, so if you get no reply then PM me and I'll text him.
Defender-less - but big plans!
Shooter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barry for the reply, I thought that there had been comments from owners on here about a good painter but was not sure who it was as they must have been some time ago.
I have just googled his name and nothing relevant has shown up does he own a garage or paint shop and have a trading name?
Shooter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Wilko and to Griff - yes.
craigmac911

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shooter. Who and where are the Overfinch team in Basingstoke? I am in Basingstoke and would be interested in seeing what they can do.
Cheers
craig
What puddle?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooter, Simon Durant is the guy on here who restores 50ths. He can take it back to as it was at showroom exit, or can do stuff to your liking. Part of his process is a really good respray. I'm not sure he'll want to reveal where he takes them (obviously that may be sensitive business info), but he would deal with the process for you - i.e. taking your 50th, getting it resprayed, then delivered back.
http://defender50th.co.uk/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2465
Send him a PM. If he doesn't get back to you then PM me.
Defender-less - but big plans!
Shooter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Craig,Revolution vehicles are in Basingstoke, Richard who ran the work shop for Overfinch in the good old days when they did the engine conversions and other good stuff, before they became a body kit and big wheel seller,is a co owner, try him on 01256-242828,I hope they can help you and others on here.
Spooner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooter,

I had GB199's body and paintwork (plus cross member) attended to by Simon and his team. Highly recommended - lovely job which Im sure 'ReDGryffyN' on the forum will confirm (as the new owner).

Nice to know of another in the area too - Im near Knebworth.

GB168 - electric, yes, electric sunroof Smile
Shooter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gavin, thank you to for your recommendation! I may have seen your car, or past car as it has become around before you sold it,was it often parked at Stevenage station?

Anyway shame you have let it go, do you miss it? I bought mine from the first owner when it was under two years old and just 18,000 miles for £12k they were not very popular at the time and I remember seeing them new in a showroom named Broadfields, they were the main land rover dealer in Cockfosters, Hertfordshire, before the garage sold for re development and the owners went on to become Autoglym, the salesman at the time said they sold new well enough but were a dire proposition as a used vehicle,they said the same about e -types when the first XJS came out!
I have sent both a e mail and a PM to Simon.
ReDGryffyN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spooner is right!

I am more than delighted with my 50th and the paint is awesome, had so many comments about the car it's been just amazing

I am lucky enough to live close to work so use her as my daily driver and loving it.

Ok not for the purists out there but have changed the steering wheel for my motalita, put my preferred Zu alloys on and put a straight through pipe in place of the centre silencer, and swapped the stereo. Will post pics later, have kept all the original bits but tbh no plans to sell her ever.

Superb motor!

ReD
Spooner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shooter,

That was'nt mine - I still own GB168 and sold GB199, but GB199 (or GB168 for that matter) has never been parked at Stevenage station. I do know the one you mean though and I think it belongs to 'CliveD' on this forum.

ReD,

Glad your enjoying GB199 - you just need an electric sunroof now Wink

GB168 - electric, yes, electric sunroof Smile
romanrob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Merry Wareham is reasonably priced and does a good job. Do the strip down of the vehicle yourself before-hand, but he did everything downstream of that. If you have corrosion on the back door just order a new one (LR dealer - Westover ? - can deliver direct to him) and be done with it - the fronts are pricier, so you may want to think through the cost-benefits of that.

He's 1/2 km from Wareham station - just down the line from Basinsgtoke.

Rob

GB065 - since 2002
Currently on my 2nd 50th RR V8 GEMS
Nanocom unlocked for GEMS

Formerly a 50th RR, 200TDi CSW, and a SIII 2.25 Petrol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: