www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Defender 50th WANTED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V8GPC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Defender 50th WANTED! Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new user - joined today. I've owned many land rovers over my time, having sold my 300TDI Soft Top this time last year.

However my favourite was my 1989 V8 (which I should never have sold);
Having recently been on the last factory tour for the Defender line - I've got the bug again.

So I'm looking to find and own one of the best Defenders made - the 50th.

If anyone here knows or see something up for sale I'd appreciate the heads up. I'm based in Manchester - but willing to travel for the right one. It must be as original and not been messed with. Any condition considered - I'm open to a project needing a rebuild - or something that is already restored. I've considered Japanese Imports; but will give these a miss for the time being.

SO FAR at the time of writing there are a couple out there.

094 which I've read previous posts has been on/off sale over the last few years. This is the 45K LR that is advertised on ebay or direct visit the website based in Guildford. http://www.shere4x4.co.uk/ for £23,994 but no more info or photos.

The other is 120 on sale for £23,995 on http://jimhallam.com/vehicle/1998-s-defender-90-v8-auto-50th-anniversary-atlantis-blue/ based in Leak Staffordshire. This however this isn't truly original - its lost its chequer plate and has those alloys although in colour are boost alloys and not the original freestyle.

Anyway thanks for reading

Gary Cool
Rich1968

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary

I believe 120 is a Japanese import.

I am considering selling mine, if you would like details do a search on ebay item 201422782881

It has since had new suspension and Dinitrol treatment.

Rich

GB287
Albert McFly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Defender-90-50th-Anniversary-edition-v8-auto-/281992469593?hash=item41a80f9c59:g:n0YAAOSwAvJXAsML
V8GPC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rich,

I didn't realise that 120 was an import; even though its clearly written on the ad - i'll read the words next time instead of just drewling over the photos.

Talking of photos; I had a look at your ebay number; but unfortunately ebay had removed any photos - I couldn't expand the only thumb nail that showed. I did the the words this time Smile

I travel to Cambridge with work about once per month; so could possible arrange to have a look on my next trip.

If you decide to advertise earlier - let me know.

Also what kind of price were you looking at? (PM me if you don't want everyone to know how low your very kind offer will be Smile)

Also Thanks Albert for the ebay nodd.

Gary
jimblowscash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB 165 is currently being restored by Simon and will be available once it has been completed.. it will be stunning once done!

ex owner GB165
NAS90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going as far as Cambridge, King Lynn might be worth a look

http://angliacarauctions.co.uk/en/classic-auctions/latest-classic-car-catalogue/saturday-9th-april/1998-land-rover-defender-50th-anniversary-edition/

If you could get it around the guide of 15-17,000 and you budget for a nice set of Freestyle wheels in the correct colour code (£250 on eBay) to complete the look; you could save yourself £5K over the others ones you are looking at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: