www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB 282 - Bolton
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What puddle?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jim's has just gone for £43,000 - and (sorry Jim) it had an LPG system which many commentators on the 'other' forum decided wasn't for them and detracted from the value. So, assuming that a 50th is restored, and has a little something extra (like my incredibly low mileage of 24,000 Very Happy ) and you have an easy £45,000 50th. But, having said that, it's all about the right buyer coming along at the right time.
Defender-less - but big plans!
AngryBaldMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Bolton one isn't too bad then. I'm new to the 50th. It was only highlighted to me after I suggested to a friend that I wanted a defender with a V8 and auto. My original plan was to build such a car. But why go through that when LR did a good job of it. I'm assuming that general upkeep will be similar to my td5, but combined with a V8 and auto box?
What puddle?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, hold on, yes and no. The 50th is great, but you could indeed make a 'better' job of it, if you know where to go. In my opinion, LR certainly didn't get it right, but they did do a damn good job. If you look at Derek Allfrey (down in Sussex)...
http://derekallfreylandrovers.com/
he will speak to you on the phone, or better still, go there. He can build you the Defender of your dreams. I am ALWAYS teetering right on the edge of selling my 50th and doing just that. I could change my 50th to the Defender I've always wanted, but it always raises my hackles to do that. I think changing a 50th is ok, but why do that too much when you could just build exactly what you want? Derek will build it from the chassis, up, so you'll have a galvanised one for a start (what LR should have done!), any colour, any mods, and of course, any engine! You could go for an Edelbrock engine, just like Victor did (Griffman). He got Derek to build him a cracking 90 with a 6.3 Edelbrock engine. I don't think Victor frequents this forum anymore, I have tried to contact him recently.

Think about it, and get a costing from Derek. We all have a dream Defender in our heads (and for some, that's the 50th), and it's great that there are people dotted all around the country who can build it for you. I've found small companies in Liverpool, Hertfordshire, and Warwickshire who will do it.
Defender-less - but big plans!
AngryBaldMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm it's an interesting thought. Building my own. Keep me occupied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: