www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Defender 90 V8 4.0L 50th Anniversary UK vehicle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What puddle?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denis, I think you'll find that it went mad when people decided to accept watching TV programmes of people cooking, in competition with each other, people dancing - worse, celebrities - dancing in competition with each other, and a bunch of retarded morons all living in a house and arguing. People watch this!

We didn't join those people. We stopped paying the licence fee and truly haven't missed it at all. We have catch-up (not that we ever watch it), Netflix, Amazon FireStick, books, and our laptops. Oh, and we talk to each other or go out for the evening.

Defender 50th prices? Well, I do say in my 'Values' section, that prices will keep going up. It's that old economics lesson of supply and demand. The only thing that might harm prices is if the new Defender (if it ever sees the light of day!) is a cracker. If that is so, then those holding on to their Defenders will sell up, and the market will be flooded with them. This will (economics again) drop the price of all Defenders. If you read the Defender forums (as I do) there are a lot of people planning to buy the new one if it's great. And a lot of them will sell their current Defender.

£69,000? Well, that's crazy, I think, and only good for one that has been COMPLETELY rebuilt. But in 5-10 years, it may not be crazy, but the norm.
Defender-less - but big plans!
petec

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fjk911s clearly sees that the 50th is undervalued and has taken a 'calculated' step of putting his name to a 'different level' of pricing based on knowledge of his sector of the market and the competence of his restoration team. He is putting a new spotlight on the marque and for that I wish him all the best in turning a profit as I imagine other 50th owners will.

Sure the pricing is interesting however I understand one 50th has recently been sold at 50k........so who knows?

However this 'top' VW going for 170k and others for around the 90k make you wonder the rational behind what collectors are willing to pay once market perception and its smoke and mirrors takes hold.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C791905
oilit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<rant>
TBH - sorry to say it - but who cares.

The asking price is completely irrelevant - it's all about the sold price. I work for a company where we sell stuff that has a asking price of $500k - do we ever sell it at that - NO !

Unless your selling or buying - does it really matter what the 50th is selling for? I admit it's nice to know there is little to no depreciation, but tbh I couldn't even be bothered to read the first post as it was way too long and was very obviously car trade diatribe.

For that money - I personally don't want anything restored or customized, I want the original low miles, one owner, cosseted item so I can see what I'm getting

Off to get my first cup of coffee so the grumpiness subsides Laughing Laughing

</Rant>
gilmore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to admire the chutzpah to ask that much.

All it takes is some dopy bugger with more money than sense to come along...

Good luck with it.
cheers
rob
Honda CRF250X Trail Bike
Husqvarna FE350 Enduro
Honda CB750K4 - 1974
Honda CB750K5 - 1975
Ford Transit Custom (for the bikes)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> Vehicles For Sale All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: