www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index www.Defender50th.co.uk
The Defender 50th Owners Club and Vehicle Register

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel Injectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haf64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Fuel Injectors Reply with quote

Not sure if this topic has been covered on the Forum before.

Does anybody know what the service life of the fuel injectors is?

Upgraded from Lucas to Bosch for better fuel atomisation?

Those with 4.6 or plus size engines fitted upgraded fuel injectors?
Romadog2004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you spoken with Mark Adams at tornado Systems?
http://www.tornadosystems.com/product-category/rover-v8/fuel/injector-kits/
Haf64

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Fuel Injectors. Reply with quote

Hi Romadog it was Mark’s advert that prompted the questions,whilst I havn’t spoken to him yet I thought I would sound out forum members experiences/knowledge,thanks for the pointer though.

Will contact Mark to see what the benefits are and at what mileage it is worth swapping from the Lucas to the Bosch units.
Haf64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Fuel Injectors Reply with quote

Useful chat with Mark Adams a very knowledgeable guy.

The Bosch injectors give significantly better atomisation than the older Lucas units the benefits are outlined in Mark’s Tornado Systems site.The ECU adapts itself to this injector change.

For the larger capacity V8s the standard Lucas injectors under fuel at higher revs limiting the power output which can be remedied with the uprated Bosch injectors however remapping is required for this mod.
Haf64

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Fuel Injectors Reply with quote

A belated update on this topic,the JEE 5litre engine in my 50th now has the uprated Bosch Injectors courtesy of Mark Adams Tornado Systems plus remap to suit.

The transformation is significant with better idle,power delivery and clean exhaust.I havn’t had chance to monitor the fuel consumption closely but wouldn’t be surprised if that hasn’t improved too.

Great dealing with Mark who really knows his onions.
Haf64

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Fuel Injectors Reply with quote

I have accidentally omitted Liam, Mark’s right hand man who I should also mention as extremely helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.Defender50th.co.uk Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: